Thread: Stella's Re-Birth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Headed way up North on Saturday to check on a few parts for Stella wish me luck... Fenders Steering wheel and hopefully more.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Looking very good Marion! Bringing back fond memories...

On the camera issue you mentioned, I try to use a flash or a faster shutter. I know when I take all my pictures (I take a lot of them too) I'm not always a fan of those with the flash added, but that's about the only way to take steady shots without a tripod.

Keep 'em coming either way.

Good luck on the parts search. I have a lot of parts too, so don't hesitate to post what you need. Maybe we'll have it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Stella's Re-Birth

I also have some 64 parts so let us know about what you need. Most of my parts are not in very good shape but if you give us a list I'll do some digging and you can see if you want anything. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

After this weekend I'm going to make a list of parts needed. It may take me time but I will get it done after looking at what I have. I know I may need a few interior parts. but not sure what I will come up with tomorrow.

I know I need a rear dash template, or just a rear dash to work with here.

Arm rest are on the list and a steering column without a shift on it seeing how I'm on the floor now.

Glove box unless I mount my stereo there inside the door.
    Marion Cain

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.

Unless you come up with a inexpensive (pretty unusual) floor shift column, the easiest/cheapest way is to change the collar. Lot's of truck collars will interchange. That's what I did and probably lots of others here.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Been getting ready to pull the engine today, exhaust disconected along with wires radiator tranny lines and more. Is it ok if I call the dude I bought her from a moron. He bypassed so many wires, left burnt cables in place, re-connected wires together by just twisting them and not protecting any of them. I guess I need to find a wire kit for Stella. Any suggestions?

I would attach images but this site wont let me search images on my phone.
    Marion Cain

No - It's not appropriate to call previous owners of our cars Morons. The correct PC term would be automobilically challenged.

I create all my wiring harnesses from scratch, but that's my OCD behavior responsible for that. Aftermarket kits are just too expensive for my taste and still require about as much splicing. And I have miles of wire... If you're good at wiring, you're welcome to haul my pile home with you and do it yourself - and return what you don't use.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"