Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    ...haven't even lowered the car back down yet. Got too much going on at once.
    Still? I'm anxious to hear it is all running happily. Of course I know all to well the "too much going on" thing. When I realize more than a week has passed and I haven't been here checking for things.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yup. We now getting the house in order to go up for sale in 2 weeks. Soon, I hope.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Finally got a little time to look at the Ranchero a week or so ago. Got a little detail under the car taken care of and put it back on the ground. This morning, got a bit more time, Roger (member #1, #2, #3) came by and we reset the ECU to default and started over again. IT RUNS!! Drove it around the block, and will put a few more miles on it in the next coupla days. It's running a bit smoother at idle than it ever has is my first observation. Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by SmithKid; May 15th, 2018 at 02:18 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

House up for sale Gene?
    Where are you headed?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

House sold, next place pending. Puyallup, near Graham.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Nice. I was looking around there. It seems like it would be easier to get a place big enough to have a shop.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Yeah. I looked at a place..... just under an acre, 1200 sq ft, 2-car attached, and shop big enough for 4 cars with additional 8 ft car door out the back. Overkill for me.
    Last edited by SmithKid; May 28th, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    House sold, next place pending. Puyallup, near Graham.
    We just bought some property with a shop in Roy. If you ever need a hand, give me a shout.
    Corbin Johnson
    Roy, WA
    64 Futura
    347, C4

Finally got the Ranchero "home" yesterday, after several months temporarily residing in my daughter & son-in-laws garage. Not without some problems (most likely caused by me not giving the car the attention it deserves/needs). The battery was totally dead.

So.... it's time to give some credit where it's due. Almost three years ago, I purchased a battery an unlikely place..... HD. It was appreciated at the time by me as a great price for the proper unit (Exide 24x) with a 40 month warranty. Today, 35 months into the warranty, HD replaced the battery. Zero dollars! I was totally surprised and impressed. Again! Kudos to them!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Yup. It's supposed to be here Tuesday. Orly thing left on "the list" b/4 that is radiator and coolant. Then maybe later in the week it may make some noise.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Latest incident of getting caught by Murphy is.... Stripped drain plug threads out of my new aluminum pan. Not sure if the threads in the pan were oversize, or the threads on the new plug were under-size, but the result was the same. I was NOT looking forward to re-pulling the new pan to install a heli-coil. Turns out I overcame the problem by purchasing and installing an over-size plug (15 or so thousandths larger).
    Last edited by SmithKid; August 13th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I know you are nearly 30 miles south of me now, but I still strain my hearing in an attempt to catch a faint roar from down-yonder. I guess I know now why it hasn't been heard. Hopefully it will roar to life soon now. But I suspect now you are going to wait for the new, again, distributor?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"