Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kinda feel like I should have named this thread "little at a time" as I seem to be able to go slow and Guy doesn't. However, I ave gotten some more painting done, the rebuilt PS steering box mounted, and the old linkage most ly out of the way. Why oh why did I waste the warm days of summer/fall? It's cold out there!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Wasting time?

Since when is fishing wasting time? Would you rather be fishing in the cold? It's easier to warm a garage than it is a lake.

You're doing a fine job over there - and still finding time to come help me too! On the 11th, we will crank up heat on this and get 'er dun.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Smith kid, what part of Everett do you live in? I live in Marysville. Falcon 1
    Last edited by Falcon1; December 5th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

I live in S. Everett, a few blocks from the K-Mart.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene - I created a thread for your install party, but I'm confused on the actual date. So, please update the thread with anything I left out:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...=9956#post9956
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hmmmm... seems like part of this thread fell into the bit bucket......
    It was COLD this morning with the garage door open, but, the 302 is in place and some of the detail work is done. Thanks to the crew that helped out today (Bill, Kenny, Roger and Denny). The engine went in with very little problem, with the trans attached and the headers loose so we could wiggle them around while lowering to the motor mounts. The driveshaft, e-brake, fuel pump, and carb are all in place. Some plumbing, linkages, and wiring just need to be done and it should be ready for first startup. I'm waiting for some front-end parts, then off to the alignment shop, and the muffler shop for some noise control
    THANKS AGAIN for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SmithKid; December 10th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

A few more shots! That engine looks really good in there. Glad we could get you a few steps closer to on the road Gene. Thanks for keeping us fed with the cookies, cider, and fried chicken for lunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

throttle cable

The cable that I have would be more trouble than it's worth. I think you would be better off to fabricate one. That way you can use his peddle. It was nice to meet you guys.