Thread: 302 for Smithkid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks, Roger.

I'm not too sure I could have written that up as coherently as you did, because I'm still dismayed as to how inept the FiTech support person was. And if it wasn't for your SHARP eye, I'd probably be out another $300+ to have those "support" people change a $.50 fuse for me.

My intent is to compose a letter to FiTech detailing that fiasco in the next coupla days.

By the way, when you bring up the FiTecch website, they are now offering their newer replacement for the "Command Center" that I wasted my $$ on, and it's ONLY $400+ dollars! Of course nothing about how their older unit was a piece of garbage that overheated your fuel (some reports of 180 degrees F) and all the purchasers (like me) that had wasted their $$.

Would I purchase their EFI again? Probably not, knowing what I know now.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    My intent is to compose a letter to FiTech detailing that fiasco in the next coupla days.
    Gene,

Though I'm fully convinced the reason you had the "stand me by the side of the road" event was solely due to the pickup strainer being choked off, I do believe the known issue with the Command Center would have been the inevitable next failure you'd see. It seems to be that prevalent out there. So you did good to put that on a shelf. The cost for this should have been at the very least subsidized by FiTech for existing customers and their lack of after-the-sale support has already convinced me to avoid them like the plague. The tech support call we both experienced was a double witness to this.

Hopefully, the thing stays alive now that it has been "improved" and you'll not have to deal with them. But, I would be writing that letter too if it were me.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"