Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    looks good. I especially like the mailboxes mounted on the rear deck.

I recall you picked up an extra hood. Since you apparently never have idle hands, why don't you start working on some kind of unique bump or scoop contraption. Not the teardrop - that is so overdone. Take your time and make it a showpiece.

I'm talking about something along the lines of the one in the movie "Corvette Summer".
    Last edited by Jeff W; February 12th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Sorry Jeff, not sure what a bump or scoop contraption is...

but after a little discussion with Gene this afternoon, I think this is the direction I'll go with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; February 12th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Engine Swap Party

OK, not so much a party, but all are welcome to help or watch this coming Saturday the 26th of October.

The motor is ready, all the parts are there, should have everything set and ready to go by about 10AM. Should be a very easy swap - everything in the Ranchero is still so clean. No getting greasy, so wear your white clothes if you want to... although the floor isn't as clean as the car, so maybe wearing black is a better idea.

My address is 126 1243rd St. SE up in Lynnwood. One house away from the cross-street of Cascadian. All are welcome to come. Will order some Pizza or something around noon if enough people show up - or will take Gene to lunch.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Roger, count me in. I just replaced my timing chain and front cover gaskets, and now I have the intake off, I have a strange noise coming from somewhere maybe the lifters. it only does it when warmed up. I'am sick of working on this thing. so I will help you.... jh

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Roger, count me in.... I will help you.... jh
    Cool - the more the merrier.

Of course I know you all think I can swap a motor blind-folded and with one arm tied behind my back (not sure how those nasty rumors start), but sometimes I really do like to have help too.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 24th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Count me as a maybe. I'll probably need to leave by 1, enough to get the heavy lifting done.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Aw... you could have just surprised me by showing up like you did last week at Steve's. Hope you can make it if even for that long. I suspect by then we'd have the new motor sitting in the bay.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

OK.. that was not my motor

...This is the motor I'm putting in.

The transmission is the C4 I received from Steve when I bought the Rancheros and I have put a B&M shift kit into it. I have the same Dougs headers like Gene has (except for automatic and not 4-speed) and a set of Pypes stainless dual exhaust.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"