Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201 View Post
    Same seat covers as my parents 62 station wagon. Old memories.......
    Bill, you are welcome to sit in the back seat and play with your Stretch Armstrong or GI Joe anytime... BUT if I have to turn around ant tell you to shut up one more time, I'm taking you straight home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    ... but come some sunny day in the future (Next May?)...
    May!? You'll have lots of other things to do in May. This is more of a "sewing" project than a typical dirty car project. No smelly chemicals involved. So technically Janice should let you bring it upstairs.

I'll bet a space heater would get that small room by the downstairs bathroom pretty warm! And a heat gun, held a couple feet away, would help with last minute adjustments.

I'll be over next Saturday....

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Jeff...... Are we there yet?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Get all that old upholstery off, and bring the frames over here. We could blast them off in an hour or so. Then you could paint them or we could powder them up!?! I have been seeing a lot of seat frames lately. Let me know if I can help. Good luck either way. Looks good too.

Steve, If you have the station wagon out there still, it had the rear frame stuff. You could start and exchange service.

Looks very nice Jeff. So... did OFI take your first-born child in exchange for that stuff? Or just an arm and maybe a leg?

My seats in my wagon were done with OFI stuff, and even after 10 years if smells good in there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Get all that old upholstery off, and bring the frames over here. We could blast them off in an hour or so. Then you could paint them or we could powder them up!?! I have been seeing a lot of seat frames lately. Let me know if I can help. Good luck either way. Looks good too.

My seat frames are pretty clean so a scuff and shoot is probably all they need. I wish you were on this side of the water... you would get tired of me showing up at your door with "small" projects.

I'll likely have a Norton frame and swing arm for you blast and coat next spring so you are not off the hook. I also have a few parts I want you to test your Chrome Powder and Clear Coat on such as some roof rack brackets and tubes, the Norton fenders and some other smalls I'l had my eye on.
    Last edited by Jeff W; October 31st, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

Sandblasted the front brake backing plates tonight. If I keep picking away at this, maybe it will be back on the road in a few weeks.

I think I am going to clean up and reuse the existing coil spring perch like Don did. Mine also has the brass bushing with grease fitting. I think this will be better than the cheap rubber bonded bush I bought as replacements.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff,
    I still have the special Tool i bought on eBay for reinstalling the coil springs. if you want it let me know. It was quite a battle but with that thing I finally won the war.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I always thought those brake backing plates are kind of an Art Deco work of art. (Strange taste?) they’re beautiful when sand blasted, and I powdered those myself too. They came out amazing.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Thanks for the offer Don. I have a couple of different compressors here I will try first.

UPS brought me an early birthday present today... 1-1/8” sway bar.
    Last edited by Jeff W; May 21st, 2019 at 10:08 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Upgrade while I’m at it.

My spring perches are the grease-able bronze bushing type. I will be cleaning these up to reinstall.

Very nice Jeff! And sorry I've spread that disease I have. Even without a garage to work in I find I still have it. It helps to have friends who enable you, as well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"