Thread: Wagon build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roger's request to post more fabrication pictures.

After several months of disappointing Pull-A-part searching, I bought the Jaguar Gas Cap on Ebay for about $22 with shipping.

The "Cup" assembly was also bought off of an Ebay vendor but not from an auction. I searched around for a vendor selling a cap where the photos were taken with the cap still mounted on a car (junk yard obviously). Just emailed the seller asking if they would be willing to cut the well from the fender and how much. It was $40 including shipping. I asked for about a 1" lip of the old fender.

Kenny and I did two things to this "cup assembly" before cutting the fender to weld.
    1) The cup assembly is basically a "turned up" well that is spot welded to the "turned down" lip of the fender. Some careful grinding separated the spot welds that held the two together. We just used the inner cup portion.

2) Moved the drain nipple. As you can imagine, this thing would fill up with rain water. The old mounting position on the Jaguar was level, now that it is slightly slanted, the old drain nipple had to be moved to the lowest point of the well. Cut off and fill the old hole, weld nipple in new position, drill hole through the middle. I'll just stick a length of rubber hose to exit the the water.

Here are the only other pictures I took other than the items in the other post.

I have not connected the new filler to the tank yet. The Jaguar cap is 2-1/2" hose - I'll get a length then bring it to a muffler shop and have them bend the gentle "S" to make the connection. Let you know how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images