Thread: Window Stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I recently ran into a stainless steel trim roof rail trim issue when I was putting my 64 comet cyclone back together that has the same roof line as the falcon hardtop.

Roger is right about the holes...if your falcon had holes in the lower pillar area, the it came with the short horizontal trim pieces...if there were no holes, then it should have came with the roof rail trim that came all the way down to the horizontal section of the body of the car. There are two different sizes of the long curved roof rail trim. The longer piece is for falcon/comet hardtops that DID NOT have the horizontal trim piece...and the shorter one for those that DID.

I think this is strange...why would ford do that? My theory is that different factories may have done things differently...but that is just a guess.

If there is a gap in your trim in this location...then the longer roof rail trim piece would fill it. I don't think that this necessarily solves your potential problem with the gap that you describe though...as long as you have installed the roof rail weather strip...and trim for the weatherstrip...then I don't think there is another part that goes into that small gap...and perhaps the additional weatherstripping in that area would help....hope I did not confuse this post!

Al Aiello
    Last edited by Futura; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: correction