Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

About a foot. For the most part they are close to the same.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Ok back on topic here, subwoofers are installed!! Man does she thump did you guys hear me over there?. My ears hurt. I'll post a pic later, but just did two small boxes in the back. I need to figure out what I want permanently so I can build something cool like Larry's.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Thump thump thump. Now to get creative.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Just got done installing the speedo I got from Patrick (thank you) and guess what..... Still only goes to 42 mph?? I guess it's time to check the gear in the transmission end of things? I did spin up the speedo on the bench and it pegged all the way up and came back down to zero. So either my cable is wired or the gear in the trans.. It has a blue gear now so I think I'll call my trany guy on Monday and see what options there are for an AOD.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Ok jacked the car up and disconnected the speedo cable. Hooked drill onto the speedo gear. Got 43 mph on the gauge. Removed the speed sensor, and ran drill to cable direct and still only 43 mph. Can a speedo cable muck up your readings?? With drill hooked directly to the back of the gauge it ran up to 100 mph? It seems really odd to me that I have a direct cable connection and it reads wrong?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Ok crisis resolved! Upon further investigation and having a friends eyes to help me out we found the issue.

Gauge is good, cable is good, speed sensor is good.

As you know we did a little customizing to this gauge setup. We added a high beam indicated light and used the two existing ones as a separate left and right turn indicators. As you know there are these little paper tubes that keep the light going to it designated spot in the glass. Well when we put in the high beam light the little paper tube was left too tall and would stop the speedo needle from traveling where it was suppose to. Five minutes and a pair of sisors later viola my speedo works. Now to find out how accurate it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

OK... I'm a ID10T. Shoot.

Didn't have that problem with mine.

I'll reimburse you for part if my lifetime powder coating. Maybe only until I'm 65.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"