Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    He offered me &17000 for my delivery!?! I was very tempted...
    DO NOT DO IT! Doing so this quickly will activate this "payback is a b*tch" clause in the club bylaws that says you'll have to pay back all the time and labor donated by the club mumbers to the tune of $150 per hour times 3 if you sell the car too soon. Which would essentially give you about a buck, $2.98, for the car when all is said and done.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Don't sell! you will kick yourself........ It's a sedan delivery! Besides 17000 isn't enough
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

No worries.. I had a chance recently to get my old 72 Bronco back that I had 17 years into. But alas the previous owners beat it to hell so I passed.. I think this one will be here for a while, I won't make that same mistake again.. Besides I'm only into this one 5 years so far.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

So my truck is back up for sale then, huh...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

For now but I'm still shopping!

Speaking of shopping I managed to get my PS pump changed over. What a pain, I had to pull the radiator to get the bolts out. Then the brackets didn't work so I had to cut up and modify my existing march bracket. Thanks god for my friend Mitch who is a welding god. Mounted it up and viola.. Had to order a serpentine pulley because it came with a v belt one. Hopefully that will show so I can put the radiator and stuff back on. I hope the rest goes better and smoother than that..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Well we got most of the rack in. Just need to get a longer pressure hose, and a shorter serpentine belt. Obviously my application is not a stock falcon so this is why I had to get a couple of different parts, otherwise the Unisteer kit went in very well and I thought it was designed very well and I'm very happy with the install. I'll get the parts and drive it around and let y'all know how it performs..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Steve,

How much travel to you have on your front suspension before you hit the bump stops?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

In the back I have only installed the pinion snubber. But between the axle tube and where the bump should be is about 6". On the front I actually cut the bump off by about 1" and that gives me about 4-5" up there.
    I'm going out for a long drive (for this car so far) and see how everything works. I think till I get my toe in set on the machine I don't want to go too far.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Just got back from a 50 mile test drive. All went well and gas gauge is still almost full that's COOL!!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Great day for a drive. You need to get a new photo posted with the pin-striping for your sig pic.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    You need to get a new photo posted with the pin-striping for your sig pic.
    I'll get right on that for you Steve....

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"