Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update pics

Well, I got back from our trip to Tucson so it's back to work on the car. Thought I would attach a couple of pics of the polishing work. I have the trunk finished, the right rear quarter, hood is done but I am not satisfied so more work to go. I have a few repairs to perform on the left quarter and around the roof rails. Getting there but it is so slow and soooo cold. Pics are of the right quarter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is looking very nice. Keep up the good work.

Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Well, that at least explains the bright yellow glow I see just over the hill... I hope you're wearing your sunglasses.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

WOW. beautiful work.I hope mine gets to that stage one day.

Update pics

Well, if anyone ever needs to go through a painting project and have "Lessons Learned" given to them, I am the dude to talk to. This painting project is the first car I ever painted and it is a learning process for sure.
    I polished out the hood, the trunk, roof, doors and thought it looked good. It looked great even using a halogen light for reflection. I pushed the car out in the sun light and it showed small indentations that show up like light bulbs in the sun. I am sanding it again and will polish all over again. I originally block sanded the car and had the body the way I wanted. But when I final sanded the clearcoat prior to polishing I used a softer rubber block and it didn't hold the smoothness that I wanted. Thought it wouldn't matter since the body was smooth. Wrong. According to the "Auto-body 101" web site I should have used the harder block and I am not the first dufus to do this. Minor imperfections only are visible and my wife thinks I am nuts but I don't like it.
    Sooooooooo resanding it all and polishing again. May have to reapply additional coats of clear if I have to sand very much. I will get there someday. If the temperatures stay in the 50's I can keep my garage at 65 with heaters to finish the job during the Christmas break. More to come I am sure and the next pics should look better than the last ones.

Update pics

I finally have the back half of my car polished. Couple of pics attached. Still need to do the doors, front fenders and hood. I am going to take a couple of days off from working on the body and install the Tri-Y headers. It will give me a chance to do something different for awhile and I won't have to lean over polished front fenders to do it. Larry

That bird really sparkles! Good job on sticking to it through the gloomy months. You'll be glad it's done when you're cruising around this summer with the windows down and your sunglasses on!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hey bad bird, just thought you would like to see my friend's 64 it has a bad fast 289 and dual quads and a big solid lifter cam...yellow is wild....john h

Update pics

That car is beautiful and really looks hot, but the hood scoop doesn't turn me on.

I like the looks of the hood in the picture I am attaching. This picture is the one that made me decide on yellow for my car.

I should get my car back from the exhaust folks tomorrow or Friday. I looked into putting the exhaust on my self but didn't want to fight through another major project.

I'll send pics of the installation soon I hope. Larry

Very nice Larry!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Looks really nice Larry. Good work.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"