Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > Jeff W

Rate this Entry

Small projects

Submit "Small projects" to Digg Submit "Small projects" to del.icio.us Submit "Small projects" to StumbleUpon Submit "Small projects" to Google
Posted 11-15-2010 at 11:03 PM by Jeff W

While the car is at the paint shop I will be busy repairing and painting all the little things that will get bolted back on.

Two little projects below:

1) The little return spring is broken on my drivers inside door latch pivot (Picture below) Steve @ the doghouse is searching his junk pile for a good mechanism. I can't see an easy way to remove that spring and have not found a source for replacements.

2) The other picture is of the drivers side "splash guard" that mounts at the base of the fender. The one from my passenger side is missing. Maybe Steve has one as well - it looks easy enough to fab... I'll add it to the list. I have not seen this on any of the other Falcons/Comets I have owned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6507.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	49   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6509.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	50  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5436 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks. I just requested a catalog. The picture of the item you mention is different shape, I don't know if that matters. Dearborn only lists one for 66 and 67 falcon, it looks like the mustang item shown in the NPD website. You would think if it was the same, other falcon vendors would have discovered by now and listed it for sale at double the price of mustang vendors. If Steve doesn't have a used one, I may take a chance for 15 bucks. Then we will all know.
  2. Old Comment
    Jeff, you should really pick up a National Parts Depot Mustang parts catalog (or any Mustang catalog) -- so many Mustang parts fit Falcons. These door handle parts (I'm about 90% sure) are the same for the 64-66 Mustang. The mustang has two versions (long and short) the long one being for the pony interior -- so I think the short one is the same for us. $14.95 or thereabouts. I'm also pretty sure I bought one and it's in my wagon -- but I may have dreamed that.